Welcome to my blog!

Please don't be shy...leave a comment below a post but be sure to sign in first!!

Sunday 13 May 2012

Mandorah Island...?

Ok, so who in Darwin thought that Mandorah was an island?? Please say yes! Haha! I am embarrassed to say that I did.  My hubby, daughter & in-laws all took a trip out to Mandorah for lunch last Sunday, as we have been in Darwin for quite some time now & had never been before.  I was chatting on the phone to my lovely sister-in-law (who's baking my very first little niece at the moment - due in July) on the drive to the ferry, when I mentioned we were going to Mandorah.  She asked where was that...I answered, it's a little island off the coast of Darwin... Hmmm... I look over to hubby who's driving, shaking his head, laughing at me, & I'm sure he was thinking - where did I find this woman?! :-)

Anyhow... so I learnt a little that weekend as well as enjoyed a fantastic day out with family doing something a little different for a change.  Here's a few happy snaps of our outing.

Good bye Darwin!

Kayla's first Ferry Ride :-)

Taking it all in, in the comfort of Daddy's arms. 
Kayla & Jase with her Gran & Gramps

A quick snap before docking at Mandorah Jetty.  
I think Kayla was over pics by this stage.

We had a great lunch & enjoyed the view of the ocean for a few hours before heading back to Darwin. It's amazing how a quick trip like this can make you feel like you're on a holiday. Oh, & it's a 'hot chips free zone' for those looking forward to a pub meal...don't expect to get hot chips with it.  I highly recommend the burgers though! Delicious!!

Are there any places in Darwin that are good to go for a quick getaway that you know of?? Tell us your fave spots in the comments below.  I'd love to check them out!!

xoxo T





No comments:

Post a Comment